Knitting and books too -

Theresa said...
That's fabulous that she sent you the charts - that's one of my problems with so many British designers, that they don't use charts.

Actually - this experience made me wonder if Rowan is the problem with the charts, since Sharon Miller had the chart for the main body of Karis. As for knitting Karis, I bought two new sets of needles -- some Lion brand straights, which have a good point, but are weighted heavily away from the tips. I'm not using them. I also got some Crystal Palace bamboo needles (circular) which are working OK so far. The points are the sharpest I've found in a bamboo needle, and they're a little harder/smoother than some other bamboo needles. I think they're treated with resin, rather than waxed.

Lately I've been listening to Freddy and Fredericka by Mark Helprin. I usually have two books going, an audiobook (from the library most often, on my iPod) and a book to read. Freddy and Fredericka is laugh out loud funny, if a tad over the top. F & F are the Prince & Princess of Wales in an alternative universe. My reading book, which I just finished last night, is a darker trip to Britain. A Test of Wills by Charles Todd features Ian Rutledge, shell-shocked detective of Scotland Yard. My new book is An Unfinished Life by Mark Spragg. Also on the darkish edge, but recommended by Kent Haruf, whose books I enjoy.

I plan to knit on the way to the Destination Imagination tournament tomorrow - Maybe we'll have some Karis pictures on Monday, or a finished Raccoon Jacket - the last of the yarn came today from Bea Ellis.

Comments

Popular Posts