Packages back and forth

Mini Christmas stocking
It's that time of year. Packages are flying back and forth. I sent one last week as part of the Holiday Traditions Exchange. This was one of the things in it. It's a tiny little sock, pattern designed by Julie Williams, and available free, here.
Mini Christmas stocking
Here's the little button on the back.
mini stocking
And here's how I started.
I first tried the gansey yarn I knit my own family's Christmas stockings from. It was too stiff for the gauge I was using, and the colors just weren't pleasing me. So then I switched to some other leftovers.
mini stocking
This is yarn left over from the Grant Avenue kit I ordered from Virtual yarns. I also decided that while Julie likes to knit these little socks flat, I prefer to do a fair isle sock in the round. So I did. I was so happy with this that I knit several more. DSC05652.jpgDSC05644.jpg
Ah, but the packages ARE flying back and forth. Today the UPS man brought me this:
DSC05646.jpg
a gift from Amber, from a give-away on her blog. It's truly a lovely and generous gift. The color of the Lorna's Laces sock yarn makes me think of orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts