LAST weekend

I went to Portland -- but I didn't visit any Portland yarn shops. Bookstores, yes -- but for yarn shops, my friend Martha invited me to check out her stomping grounds across the river in Vancouver. We started out at Unraveled - a small shop with a lot of lovely yarn. I came away with two sets of Brittany Birch double point needles for the sleeves of the CeCe sweater I'm knitting.

Then it was off down the street and around the corner to Stitchcraft, a really wonderful store. Nicholette's store is a white background for beautifully colored yarns and fabrics. I just loved the airy brightness and hope I can return soon. While there, I bought the Emmeline apron pattern, which I've been admiring since before it was published.

On the way home, I stopped at Knot Another Hat, in Hood River, OR. I arrived 15 minutes before closing, and couldn't decide what to buy. But, I'm sure I'll be back, because between the great yarn selection and the view of the Columbia Gorge from the window, this is a fantastic place.

Have you checked out the video on Vogue Knitting's site? Why do I like these sweaters SO much better on this video than in the magazine? Every one of them is terrific! Click the tab marked video, and see what you think.

This photo is off-topic, unless, like me, you live where the temperature will be above 100 degrees fahrenheit today. Longing for some of this mountain coolness . . .
Mt Rainier

Comments

Popular Posts