No Thoreau Here

Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes.
~Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Me, I love an excuse for new clothes. This weekend we attended a wedding in Montana. And the skirt I was planning to wear didn't quite work with any of my shoes. So now I have these:
Shoes
Shoes
People who know me very well (like my sisters) know my inordinate fondness for shoes. But they also have never seen metallic shoes on my feet. I both love these shoes and am not sure about them. They are lovely, and actually comfortable. They are also flashy. The jury is still out, but I'm looking for all excuses to wear them while resolving the dilemma.

On a less frivolous note, my heart & mind are often with my daughter these days, who is on a trip to Thailand and India. My friend Theresa is travelling in the same group, and is writing about it in her blog. No shallow talk of silver shoes there -- check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts