Happy New Year!

TRUE 2009 Knitting FO
Following the example of Julie at Knitted Bliss (a blog I enjoy and recommend), here are all the items I finished in 2009. As you can see, we're low on quantity and very high on gloves.

In fact, there are two new pairs of gloves I haven't shown on my blog since they were just new skeins of yarn. I'll post some individual pictures & details in the next couple of days.

In 2009, I didn't knit as much as I like to. But I'm very happy with the knitting I did, much of it (at least the completed parts) for other people. I did knit the Botanica Medallion cardigan and a pair of gloves for myself. I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying *my* gloves as much as I hope other people enjoy the ones I've made for them. And I've seen all my gift items except the red mittens worn out in "real life" by the people I made them for. This is very gratifying to the giving knitter.

In 2010, I hope to finish the red sweater, aka the Japanese sweater or Am Kamin, which I've worked on for years. I have plans to modify my Beryl sweater so it fits better. And I have yarn for two sweaters for myself. I'm hoping for yarn for ANOTHER sweater for my birthday (Chuck?). I probably will make one MORE pair of gloves, since my son lost his well worn and loved pair this fall.

I hope you hang around this year to see if I can do what I hope. Thanks to every one of you who checks in from time to time. I hope 2010 is a great year for all of us!

Comments

Popular Posts