Finished, or ready to finish?

IMG_3764
The Flower Power Throw is finished. Or rather, I'm finished with the knitting, and I'm ready to finish the blanket.
IMG_3774
All the ends are woven in.
And today, this fabric arrived:
IMG_3777
I'm so happy - I think it will make a wonderful backing for the blanket. It's Anna Maria Horner flannel - the sundance stack, which I bought here. I'm contemplating cutting 36 squares, though I could just do 4 squares. Doing a big 6x6 grid gives some natural places to tie through the blanket.

At one time, I thought we'd use this fabric.
IMG_3779
but this will be so much better. My sister Marilyn has been fantasizing about sewing, and passed on the Anna Maria Horner site -- I'm so glad she did.

Comments

  1. Pam, the blanket is beautiful! Fabulous job! I love the backing material, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pam! The backing is PERFECT! And now. . . I'm off to click on your link to Anna Maria Homer. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 AM

    I love the fabric!!I have loved that fabric before you chose it, but of course didn't know what I would do with it since I haven't been sewing in so long. That is a masterpiece.
    Love
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts