Laelia

Yesterday, I told about how I decided not to alter an old sweater I'd made for my sister, but instead to make a new one.
IMG_6885
This is the sweater my sister chose -- Laelia, designed by Hanna Maciejewska.

This was a fun project all the way through - it was fun to send my sister sweater ideas, and yarn suggestions, and then see what appealed to her.  It's always exciting to order yarn from the Plucky Knitter, and even more fun when it arrives.  I knit it just as written in the pattern.  I did run short of yarn, and ended up buying more via the ISO thread on the Plucky Knitter Forum on Ravelry. 

I finished the sweater last weekend while we were camping in the mountains.  We had plans to meet for brunch this weekend, so I had time for washing and blocking this week before giving it to her.  We had a lot of fun taking pictures at Bookwalter Winery yesterday.  

IMG_6876
I love how the lace from the collar descends diagonally all the way to the back.
IMG_6879
A sleeve detail
IMG_6890

IMG_6904
Collar and raglan sleeve detail - this sweater begins at the center of the back collar.  It's knit in one piece and has no seams.  At all. 
IMG_6884

IMG_6924
Even though it was July (though a cool day for around here), she kept it on for a while.  (We are playing Kubb,  possibly not according to the rules found at this link.)

I wrote this post about a sweater, not a sister, but this is a wonderful sweater for a beloved sister.  I'm so glad it turned out well.

Laelia

  • Designed by Hanna Maciejewska, pattern available in English, Polish, German, and French
  • Plucky Knitter Primo Sport, 75% extra fine Italian Merino wool, 20% cashmere, 5% nylon, color - starlet, 7 skeins, 275 yards/skein.  (This was one more skein than the pattern called for)
  • US size 4 and 3 needles
  • On Ravelry here.

Comments

  1. Beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! What a gorgeous design, and it sounds like it was really fun to collaborate on just the right sort of cardigan for your sister. A wonderful colour, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts