The Flower Power throw -- MY Flower Power throw is featured on the Spud & Chloe blog. How cool is that?
Thanks to Susan Anderson for such nice attention!
Monday, August 08, 2011
It's done -- Flower Power Throw - made as a graduation gift for my daughter.
- Pattern: Flower Power Throw, by Linda Niemeyer, for Spud & Chloe
- Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn, from Webs - 55% wool, 45% organic cotton
- 9 skeins pollen (yellow) (took more of this color than pattern called for)
- 5 skeins popsicle (magenta) (extra for border)
- 2 skeins jelly bean (pink)
- 1 skein turtle (green)
- US size 7 needle
- Backing is Anna Maria Horner Folksy Flannels, 10 inch squares sewed with 1/2 in seam allowances, for a 54" square, Sundance stack.
- On Ravelry, here
Three years ago, I made this afghan for my son.
I was thinking as I was laying the new throw out for its final blocking, that this new afghan couldn't be more different from the other one. Which is a lot like the two kids they're made for -- both wonderful, but different from one another. Beautiful -- I'm proud of both of them. I could say that about both the blankets or both of my kids.