Finished Beryl (really)

Beryl
Beryl
  • Pattern available at Chicknits
  • Peace Fleece Worsted, 70% wool, 30% mohair, 4 oz, 200 yards, bought 7 skeins, used 5.
  • Yarn a Christmas gift from my mom, from Kpixie.com
  • color: Samantha Katya pink
  • Size knit: 40
  • Needles, American 7, 5, 4. (Pattern called for 8's, etc.)
I like this sweater. But, it turned out a little big. I think this is MY gauge issue, not a problem with the pattern. That said, if I was re-knitting it, I would aim for the same fit around the hips and waist. But not being so voluptuous on top, I might increase less between the waist and underarm seam. And I would make the top and bottom buttonholes closer to the top and bottom of the button-band. This yarn makes a fairly heavy, jacket-like sweater. Now that the apricot tree is budding, it may be time to put it away for next fall.

I like the details of this design -- the diagonal cutaway at the waist, the slit in the seed stitch cuffs, the nice shaping at the neckline.

I have been uncomfortable posting pictures of myself on the blog. But lately, using Ravelry, I've begun to appreciate how nice it is to see sweater designs on real people. So, for knitters contemplating Beryl, here it is. Thanks to Bonne Marie for a great design!

Comments

Popular Posts