Cinnie

Untitled
I finished this fun summer sweater during a lightning storm last week.  It's Cinnie, by Bonne Marie Burns of Chicknits.
Untitled

Knitty gritty:

  • long version - size 39 chest.
  • I bought 9 skeins of Debbie Bliss Amalfi (70% Cotton, 15% Viscose, 10% Linen, 5% Silk) to provide the 935 yards called for - but only used 8 skeins.  Looking at the picture from the pattern, I think I may have short-changed myself in the length of this sweater.  
  • Size 6 and 5 needles
I really enjoyed knitting this sweater, and am happy with the results.  The unusual construction (back panel first, then the sides & sleeves knit sidewise, then the bottom) was fun.  The lace was easy enough to memorize, but made the knitting more interesting and of course is a pretty part of the sweater.  I am not elated with the job I did on this sweater -- for whatever reason, I don't think I went on long enough for the bottom part of the body (knit downward).  And the cotton blend yarn wasn't so forgiving when blocking where the ribbing stitches are picked up from the lace - even with pressing, it doesn't look quite as straight as I think it should.  If I had to do it again, I might knit a single purl row after picking up for the neck/front band, before beginning the ribbing.  Then again, that might show up the problem I was having even more. 
Untitled
I think this might be one of those garments that will long bring back memories of knitting it - lots of car trips (and one trip on a bus to the zoo with refugee families),  doing the last finishing bits while waiting for my son to arrive home from finding an apartment for grad school next year.  Because of the lightning storm, his plane didn't land 'till almost 1 a.m., when the storm had moved on.  Lots of time spent knitting, but altogether, a quick project that doesn't look hurried. 

Comments

  1. Love it! I've had that pattern in my sights all summer. Now, you've convinced me that I might need to give it a try. . . soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts