knit for Christmas

OcN+FWDBT7GXe42VQlYXIQ_thumb_24da7
My son's girlfriend is a cat-lover.  When I saw this hat, I had to make it for her for Christmas.

The pattern has since been removed from Ravelry, and I don't know why.  The name, Fel*ne Good H*t has been changed to FGH.  (I didn't type out the full name because *I* don't want any issues with it on my blog.)  I assume it had something to do with the name or other property rights issue.  It was sold as a fund-raiser to cover the health-care costs of a cat that belonged to a friend of the designer.  In any case, I'm glad I was able to knit it.  The pattern came from We Knit Together - two friends and knitters who met while in grad school getting PhDs in chemistry.   That's a fun fact when you're knitting for a grad student in pharmacology. 

I used Plucky Knitter Cormo, a heavy worsted weight yarn.  It might be a little heavy for the gauge of this hat.  The colors are In a Jif and Classic Rock.

The hardest bit turned out to be the faux fur pompom.  It was a last minute choice, and I couldn't find one locally.  Our local Craft Warehouse had pompom keychains, so I bought one and deconstructed it for this use.  I had fun figuring out how to use a hair elastic and a button with large holes to fasten it to the hat so it could easily be removed if the hat needs washing.

Now it's keeping her warm in snowy Baltimore.  




Comments

Popular Posts