Breathe and Hope

Fj5AVI2UQke02mruJp693w
This is Breathe and Hope, a shawl designed by Casapinka to encourage local yarn store sales during the beginning of the COVID-19 shut-down.  I bought the yarn from my not-quite-local yarn store, Yarn Folk in Ellensburg. Ann had some great combinations to choose from, even when her doors weren't open. 

I decided we all needed some hope then.  Our family was just beginning to realize that the wedding our daughter (and her fiancĂ©) were planning for August might not be able to happen according to plan.  And so I chose this rather bright colorway in hope. 
fullsizeoutput_1b770
Now it's done, and we know the marriage is going to happen, but not the wedding as planned.  We're planning a smaller (though not as small as possible) event in our backyard, with lots of space and hand-sanitizer.  It's unlikely I'll wear this on the day (or evening) because, well, August is HOT here, and we are staying outside for safety.  But we still have hope -- for a happy future for these two,
 
a small wedding in August, and for a safe way to have a bigger celebration in 2021.

qVxfAYzhQI2pjm5o8oTuKw
This is a close-up of the "knotty stitch."

Details:

  • Breathe and Hope by Casapinka
  • the hot pink yarn is Studio Sock by Neighborhood Fiber Co., color Mondawmin, 100% superwash wool, 400 yard in 114 grams. 
  • the variagated yarn is Chamomile Sock, by Earl Grey Fiber Co., 75% merino, 20% nylon, 5% Stellina (a sparkly thread), 438 yards in 100 grams, color Cherry Blossom.
  • US size 3 and 5 needles

Comments

  1. I've been taken with this shawl ever since I first saw it, but haven't figured out what colors to choose because I so liked the originals and could never find them. But this one! This is gorgeous and so different and looks so good on you. Thanks for helping me think about this pattern in a new way.

    I know the wedding will be wonderful in spite of being different. One of my favorite memories is of my best friend's wedding outdoors in their garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find the Cherry Blossom colorway right now, but there are lots of similar ones out there - good luck!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and hope-filled shawl, Pam. It is wonderful! I'm so sorry that your daughter's wedding plans needed to be changed -- but it will be perfect anyway. Because LOVE. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts