Catching up

Do I still want to blog about knitting, or not?  If you're still interested, here's what I have finished so far in 2022:

Two pair of Bieldy slippers (finishing Christmas gifts in the New Year, as one does), these for Tim (above - they're big) and below for Carley.

Then I knit up my Mother's Day yarn and made this Candyline sweater,

which isn't my usual color scheme, but I enjoyed wearing it at the end of winter.

Then came a Mood sweater for me - something I've been hoping to knit since I made my daughter one a while back.

Then I replaced a mitten I'd lost LAST winter.  It was lost on a slushy day when I went to Costco. I really tried hard to find it when it was lost - I went back and retraced my steps, and asked multiple times at the lost and found. But it was LOST. It took me a while to feel ready to start another. I reversed the colors on this mitten, afraid I'd run out of yarn, since the first pair used more of the dark gray color. In hindsight, I would have had enough for one more, I think. The new mitten came out a smidge bigger, but may shrink a bit with wear and washing. The yarn is not superwash, and fulls a bit, especially in the palm.


Finally, I took part in Modern Daily Knitting's Hello Brioche Knitalong, and tried brioche stitch (aka fisherman's rib) for the first time. This cowl could be mine, could be a Christmas gift - haven't settled on that yet.

So there - we're caught up.  If you're interested in information about pattern, color, or yarn, there's some linked text with each item that will take you to my Ravelry page, where you'll find that.

Comments

  1. Still reading. Keep it coming! (A bit more often would be good :)
    Looks like you did well with brioche. I took a class and found it totally frustrating and gave up. Now, I wonder if it was just a bad teacher? Because others seem to it easily. I think I'm less persistent with Brioche since i live in Texas and cuddly warm is not the usual necessity here.

    I admire your ability to do fiddly colorwork on those slippers. They look great.
    Anyhow, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts