New Favorite

I finished a new favorite last week.

Untitled 

It's called Eye Dazzler by Jennifer Berg.

I had a wonderful time at Starlight Knitting Society in Portland, choosing colors. My inspiration for colors was this necklace from a trip last spring to Santa Fe, by Alton and Rita Sanchez.  


Untitled

I chose some wonderful yarn, the same yarns but different colors from the original pattern. The main color is Sunny's, in Recollect Worsted, by Farmer's Daughter Fiber.  I stood for well, less than an hour, but longer than my patient husband really wanted, choosing Deep Bump in Spincycle Dream State for the contrast. As I knit the sweater, I realized that while Deep Bump was a great color, and it worked, it wasn't fulfilling my vision for this sweater. So, I ordered a skein of Family Jewels. The final zig-zag of this sweater, along with the cuffs, are in Family Jewels. Later, I also ordered an extra skein of the main color. I really think the pattern understates the yarn needed in the main color for this size (the 4th) although since I made a few tweaks to the pattern, I could be wrong.

As to tweaks -- the yoke extends pretty far (almost a swoncho) before the sleeves are separated out. I chose not to knit more rows of plain color before that split. That meant I had to make the main body of the sweater longer. I already have short arms, so the sleeves are still shorter than specified. This sweater has quite narrow arms. I think that's flattering with the otherwise over-sized fit, but you might want to take that into account.

I have been wearing this sweater nearly daily since I finished it. It's been cold, and I love this sweater.

Untitled


Comments

  1. Oh, Pam! What a beautiful sweater! I think I'd be wearing it every day, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts