Pressed Flowers Cardigan

IMG_5061

I finished a sweater last week that I'd been working on since last winter. It was often put aside this spring and summer. I knit four and a half other projects while I worked on this one. But now it's done, just before sweater weather begins. 

The pattern is Pressed Flowers Cardigan, the second of SIX Pressed Flower patterns Amy Christoffers has created. First there was a shawl, then this sweater. Now there's a pullover, a cowl, a hat, and socks, as well. I can see why she kept going - the pressed flower design is really fun to knit and the fabric, with the flowers on a waffle-y background, is beautiful.

I knit this just as designed, in the original colors. The yarn is all from Spincycle Yarns. I purchased it as a kit, and later went back and ordered an extra skein of the grey. My row gauge was a bit off, and I did need about 1/3 of a skein more. Luckily (as there are no dye lots) it seems to be from the same batch. 

The buttons are Tilda Chambray Basic Buttons, a fabric button ordered in two sets from a quilt shop. I realize creating this link that the buttons I got don't quite look the same as the ones on the page I ordered from, though the colors are the same. There is a warm color set and a cool color set. I used a few from each set attempting to coordinate with the flow of colors in the Dyed in the Wool yarn.

IMG_5066

 Pressed Flowers Cardigan

  • Size 42
  • 6 skeins Spincycle Wilder, 100% American Rambouillet wool, 200 yds, in Light Grey
  • 4 skeins Spincycle Dyed in the Wool, 100% wool (superwash), 200 yds/skein, Ghost Ranch 
  • Size 3 and 5 needles
  • Tilda Chambray buttons (16mm)
  • on Ravelry

Comments

  1. Oh, it's just perfection, Pam! And the buttons! They are so wonderful. I hope you enjoy wearing it as soon as sweater-weather arrives. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts