Socks to Celebrate

 Untitled

A young friend mentioned quite a long time ago, that she might like a pair of hand-knit socks. Or maybe not, it was a long time ago. But I promised myself that when she graduated from university, I'd make her a pair of socks. And now she has. So I did.

They're Painting Columns Socks, designed by Stephen West. The fun color combination is from a bundle designed for Stephen's socks (there's a couple of patterns they would suit) from La Bien Aimee. It's been a minute since I've knit socks. It was fun to play with the colors, and the rhythm of the pattern made making two identical-ish socks pretty easy. 

Painting Columns Socks

  • La Bien Aimee Merino Super Sock : 74% Merino, 25% Nylon in Jake's palette: Main color -  Emeline, Anemone, Sea of Decay, Kokko, Le Petit Nuage, Ecto 1
  • Size 3
  • US 0 needle

Comments

  1. Those are great socks, Pam! I think they could even get me interested in knitting socks again . . . I seem to have lost my sock-knitting mojo about the time Brian graduated from high school and I no longer had his hockey games/practices to knit through . . . (and he turns 32 later this month, so it's been a minute!). XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts