A Pyramid from a Friend
I talked with a woman at happy hour, the last evening at Modern Daily Knitting's Shakerag retreat. She was wearing this sweater. I wish I could remember her name. Her sweater is better than mine. Still, I love this sweater. I am wearing it a lot.

It's Pyramid, by Minimi Knits.
I could tell you what I'd do differently next time, but I'm not doing it over. I'd make a smaller sweater. I'd knit at a looser gauge. I'd figure out something different to do with the increases - the designer suggests a purlwise-kfb that I never could make look as nice as my kfb did. So I might play with that. My neckline ended up too large (size issues) for my comfort, so I picked up around the neckline, knit a row, and cast off. I'm happier with that.

The yarn is Galler Yarns Inca-Eco Organic cotton, the same yarn my Shakerag friend used. Part of the reason I have already knit this sweater I saw in June is that this yarn was available at Mooney's Market Emporium in Monteagle, Tennessee, just minutes from St Andrew's Sewanee, where the retreat was held. Mooney's is a bit magical.
Pyramid
- design by Cristina T. Ghirlanda of Minimi Knit design
- 4 skeins Galler Yarns Inca-Eco Organic cotton, 100% cotton, 140 yards in 100 grams
- color fresh snow
- US 8 needles (7s for ribbing)
- size 3
The sweater/shirt is so cute, Pam! I like it very much! I went for an eye exam on Friday and my cataracts are not "ripe" yet... sigh. And, of course, my prescription changed just enough to warrant new glasses. I really love your new frames, they look fantastic on you!
ReplyDeleteI do like that sweater! In fact, enough that I might even consider knitting it (and I hardly ever knit sweaters). I'm glad you could fix the neckline, and I'm trying to recall if I've ever knit anything without thinking about ways I might do it differently the next time. I think I almost always do that!
ReplyDeleteOh I love that sweater and have often considered Minimi patterns. Don’t remember this one for some reason. Love that you made the neckline less wide at the shoulders and deeper in the center. Whether by accident or intention it seems to sit better on the body and is more flattering, at least to me. Chloe
ReplyDeleteI love that sweater , it's a new-to-me design. And Mooney's DEFINITELY is magical. (Wearing my Shakerag T tonight as I type this).
ReplyDelete