ANOTHER project?


Even though I am only this far with Am Kamin, I bought yarn for another project today. This was a good idea for two reasons. First, Am Kamin (see the knit-along in the side-bar, Crossed in Translation) is a high intensity project. I can knit on it while watching a movie or riding in the car, but the movie needs to be mindless or the road smooth. I need a second, easier project.


Second, my daughter asked for a sweater "like my blue sweater, only bigger." This is one of the few things I've knit for her that she actually wore enough to satisfy me. But the girl is bigger and the sweater is small.


So, we found this - from Knitscene Magazine, Fall 2006 issue, which is published by Interweave Press. It's called "Central Park Hoodie" by Heather Lodinsky. The yarn is Cascade Sierra Quatro, color 96 (I don't know the name) which we found at Knitty Gritty this afternoon. This yarn is 80% pima cotton, 20% wool, and it works for my girl. She's rather a "princess and the pea" type about fibers, and she was able to wear the poncho I knit of Sierra a couple of years ago. The pattern calls for Tahki Donegal Tweed, which would be wonderful, but not for this kid. Sierra is a bit finer in gauge than the tweed, though one of it's suggested gauges is 4.5 stitches/inch, just like the tweed.

Off to wind yarn and swatch.

Comments

Popular Posts