Night falls on Clapotis

My sister sent me some pictures this morning, very similar to these. I realized later that there was something eerily similar to the photos of night moving across a continent, right here on my sofa: My Clapotis. I'm not blaming anyone but myself. The nice ladies at KPixie DID send me a different dye-lot of Pure and Simple (the plain silk) than of Rock Star. I'm not certain whether they make them in the same dye-lots or not. I saw this when I got the yarn. I took pictures of them together. I even made a swatch with both yarns. I didn't change my plans or ask for different yarn. I had this vision of a Clapotis with the beaded yarn on the ends and the plain silk in the middle around my neck.
But, I really don't think this is going to work for me. Right now, I think the best solution would be to knit two rows with each kind of yarn, alternating. One problem with this (besides tearing out all this out) is that I'm not sure I'll have enough yarn if I do this. The web site at Tilli Tomas says the Rockstar yarn has 100-150 yards/skein. The skeins I have say there are 100 yards. The Pure and Simple has 260 yards. I am making the Clapotis one repeat narrower than the pattern, which is a size I'm liking. For tonight, I knit on my Noni bag while I muse.

Any other ideas out there?

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    Oh no - and you've gotten so far! I don't have any ideas, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiennie -- one might wonder why I went on so far . . . I can only blame it on optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:56 AM

    I'm one of the last knitters who hasn't made one of these, so I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions on the construction or re-construction of one. It does look very pretty and I hope you can figure it out. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you could post your question on the knitty forum? Someone there might have an idea or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts