Cast on . . .

Since my last post, I've swatched and cast on for the Surplice Lace Top. I've got some interesting gauge issues with this pattern. My stockinette gauge on size 6 needles was spot on. But I needed to go down two needle sizes to get the right gauge for the lace part. The pattern calls for the same size needles (6) for both parts of the garment. I cast on with size 3 needles (since the garter stitch at the bottom was to be with "smaller needles"), and am knitting the lace on 4's. What I'm wondering is whether I'll switch to 6's for the straight stitch at the top, or stick with my 4's. My last cotton hand-knit top, the Lotus Blossom Tank, is a tad big, and tends to stretch with wearing. I've got some knitting time to use thinking about it, I guess. This pattern is knit in pieces, unlike the Lotus Blossom. A lot of knitters like seamless knitting, but I wish the Lotus Blossom did have seams, because then I could easily alter it to fit better.

Isn't the pink pretty?

Thanks for the kind comments about my Noni bag. I'm enjoying it, though still feeling iffy about the green handles.

Comments

Popular Posts