Count This One Done!

IMG_1708
A long car ride yesterday, and Counting Pane is finished!
IMG_1709
Here's a close-up of my rather rounded mitered corners.

I didn't quite knit the border the pattern calls for. If I had, it would be all gray, and slightly narrower. Instead, my son & I chose some of his favorite colors from the afghan (the green wasn't a favorite, but I thought it popped) for the border. Also, the directions are NOT for knitting the whole border at once, in the round; but that's how I knit it.
IMG_1719
IMG_1715
The back -- my son would like this covered. I'm shopping tomorrow for either some flannel or very lightweight fleece. I think it's heavy enough, but I'm willing to try it.
IMG_1712
Even though it's July, he's wrapped himself up in it to read. He likes it.

Details:
  • Counting Pane Afghan, designed by Pat Ashforth and Steve Plummer.
  • Yarn used: 11 colors of Rowan Felted Tweeds, from WEBS.
  • Midnight, Gilt, Rage, Avocado, Ginger, Cocoa, Melody, Sigh, Treacle, Whisper, and outlined in Carbon. I bought 23 skeins of yarn, and finished with two skeins of gray (carbon) and one of midnight blue unused.
  • Size 4 needles (I knit loosely -- your mileage may vary).
  • A mathematical afghan for my son's high school graduation gift.

Comments

Popular Posts