What came home from Japan?

My husband came home from Japan, bringing gifts. I hate it when he travels (without me) for work, but there was some consolation in the presents in his bag.
4 great iPhotos
I'd asked for a Japanese knitting book or magazine. He came home with four!
4 great iPhotos
This vest is one of my favorite things in the book with the 9 on the cover, for reasons I can't quite explain. Possibly there's something to do with the lovely red color.
4 great iPhotos
This sweater with the chevrons is a great use of color striping yarn. I'd lengthen those sleeves though.
4 great iPhotos
And there were several garments that channeled the late 60's/early 70's granny square vests my grandma made us. There were also some intricate crocheted sweaters that could almost convert me from a knitter to a crocheter. This doll-like girl modeled every sweater in the book with the white sweater on the cover. She fascinates me.

I found a web site, I think associated with Nihon Vogue, that lets you get a better look into some of these books. This is the inside of the big magazine, which to my American eyes reads back to front. And this link let's you look inside what might be Let's Knit Series Vol. 9.

Comments

Popular Posts