Yet another pair of gloves

Dorothy's gloves
I'm making another pair of gloves from the wonderful Custom-Fit Sideways-Knit Garter Stitch Gloves pattern. This pair is for my mother-in-law's birthday. I actually think I have two pair of these yet to go before I can get back to the red sweater. My husband and mom have birthdays coming up -- and I think they might enjoy these too. Well, not these, but like them. Glove details are here in my first post about them.

These are made of Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn, in the Safari colorway. They have a touch of cashmere and are SO soft.

Dorothy's gloves
This picture shows a little more about the gloves' construction. First you knit a flat hand print, using a provisional cast on at the first edge and for each finger, putting stitches on a string for each finger as you finish. You then go back and knit the top of the hand, picking up the held stitches and then grafting the provisional cast-ons as you go. It's fiddly, but the end result is, in my opinion, well worth it.

I'll end with a proud mama shot. It was homecoming weekend here.
Homecoming 09

Comments

Popular Posts