What's next?

If I've finished the gloves, what next?
When the Knitty Fall surprises came out, I was taken with Kristin Nicholas' Macaron slipper socks. My daughter is a ballerina, and she is supposed to wear slippers or socks backstage over her ballet slippers. My daughter also isn't the biggest fan of my knitwear. But, when I showed her these, she was excited. So now, my job is to finish them to be worn backstage during this year's Nutcracker, which is the second weekend in December.

Saturday, my local yarn store, Sheep's Clothing was having a little Halloween sale, and the two of us went yarn shopping. She chose this yarn by color, really.
4 great iPhotos
It's Cascade Pastaza which is actually a little heavy for this pattern. It's 50% wool, 50% llama, which surprised me. My daughter is a bit of a princess & the pea type, and I would have thought this yarn is too "woolly" for her. But she loved the colors. So, I'm adjusting the pattern for a bigger gauge to accommodate this yarn. With a few little tweaks, I'm making the smallest size, and aiming for a result more like the medium size.

Comments

Popular Posts