Forever Mittens

fullsizeoutput_1bb5a 

I finished these mittens on the way to Leavenworth for a birthday ski trip.

Even though I didn't end up wearing them to ski - I ski in a heavier pair of mittens I knit a few years ago - it was fun to have them when we were out walking to get dinner later.

Untitled

I love all the classic touches on these mittens - the corrugated ribbing, the Latvian braid, and the stranded pattern. This yarn is SO lovely - soft lambswool, NOT superwash, so it has all its lovely wooly qualities. It blooms beautifully with a good soaking. (I just went down a rabbit hole at their website, dreaming of all the beautiful things I could be making with this yarn.)

The pattern is from Making Magazine, which I highly recommend to anyone who likes to "make" with textiles. It's especially geared to knitters, but also to sewers and quilters. And each issue is so beautiful, even if you never make anything from it. 

Forever Mittens

  • designed by Carrie Bostick Hoge
  • from Making Magazine No. 6, Black and White, October 2018 
  • Le Petit Lambswool by Biches & BĂ»ches, 100% wool, 270 yds in 50 grams, Dark Gray and Off White (bought as a kit from Making, but no longer available from them)
  • US size 1 and 2 needles
  • "young adult" size (really based on the fingering weight yarn)
  • on Ravelry here
Nordic skiing is a great pandemic activity. Visiting Leavenworth is better when it's safe to eat indoors in a restaurant, but this was still a fun way to start a new decade.

fullsizeoutput_1bb6c

Comments

Popular Posts