Closing Ceremonies


You can see the lowering of the Olympic flag in the background. And in front, my Olympic attempt. A Raccoon Jacket with one sleeve.

In order to "stay in the game" till the end, and also because I was worried the sleeve wouldn't fit into the armhole, I did some sewing up while waiting for the rest of my yarn to arrive. I learned that backstitch does have a place in my finishing skills after all. I tried three different "sewing" methods. I did a crocheted seam on the shoulder seams. This wasn't easy with all that pile in the way. I sewed the sleeve seam using mattress stitch, my preferred method. This was difficult because the individual stitches are so hard to find. Then, to set in the sleeves, I used backstitch, as the pattern had suggested. This was easiest of all - the rest of the sweater will be "backstitched". It looks fine, and it's not hard. I used some of my daughter's tiny butterfly hair clips to fasten the work together, instead of pins. This also worked great.

The rest of the yarn ships today.

Comments

Popular Posts