Waiting in the wings


After seeing the Noni bags that Wendy was knitting a while ago, I checked out their web site and fell in love with this Bobbles, Bobbles Everywhere Bag. My local yarn store, Sheep's Clothing carries the Noni patterns, but this particular one has been backordered for a while. It makes me happy just to look at it, and I was so glad when it finally came in. I did buy the three skeins of Cascade 220 for the body of the bag, but plan to use leftovers from my knitting past for the bobbles. Besides being much more economical than buying 16 more skeins of yarn, it will be fun to see what I can come up with.

This project was supposed to be my simple project to work alongside Am Kamin (Crossed in Translation), but the Central Park Hoodie has since taken that spot.

I haven't done quite as much knitting lately, particularly in the last few days. I have The Night Gardener by George Pelecanos as a "7 day book" from my library. So even if I wasn't engrossed in the story (which I am) I'd need to be reading voraciously right now. Pelecanos' books are police stories set in Washington D.C., and are of the "gritty with a moral base" sort.

But even before I started Night Gardener I've been lost in books recently. I really enjoyed Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. This is a young adult novel about parasites, featuring a sort of vampirism. Not something I'd think was my cup of tea, but my daughter's science teacher had used the science chapters in 7th grade last year, and I'd had it on my "incoming" list ever since. The fictional story alternates with facts about real parasites. I will say that I'd like my daughter to wait a year or two before reading it.

And, I've been on a bit of a Ruth Rendell binge. The latest Inspector Wexford novel, End in Tears, is especially good.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Please let me know how you like the Noni bag directions. I have the wool and pattern for the pink baguette to do, once I finish the CPH, but the directions look a little confusing! I've heard some people say that her patterns are just like that.

    Isn't it hard to read and knit at the same time? My reading has slowed to a crawl because I'm currently in knitting nirvana, LOL. But your writing about mysteries has made me want to start a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts