Assorted hats

 I've been on a hat-making binge lately.

Untitled

I guess it started last fall, when I finally knit up these two kits from North Light Fibers, brought home from a summer 2021 visit to Block Island, RI. The Norwegian Star Hat and Mittens are knit in a "have to touch it to believe it" blend of cashmere and merino wool that is Water Street. They're designed by Deborah Newton. This splurge-y set ended up a gift to my wonderful daughter-in-law. 

UntitledUntitled

I've made Hester's Hat, by Lori Versaci. I used the leftover yarn from my Eye Dazzler sweater for this one. I finished it on the plane to New York a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised NOT to find a picture of myself in the hat, because I wore it the whole trip. My next one, I will use a smaller needle and not knit quite so long before decreasing. The cuff is awfully deep, but also warm, and because it's a little big, my hair still looks okay when I take it off. Ravelry notes here.

Untitled

Warbler Hat, a free pattern from Lamb & Kid Designs. I knit this one from a mystery kit (this means I didn't get to choose the color.) I wanted to try out the yarn, which is Big Birdie, an amazing, soft, fuzzy blend of alpaca and silk. The pattern shows stripes, but there was only single color kits left when I shopped. The kit included a pompom. On Ravelry

Untitled

And Chaco Beanie, by Jennifer Berg (Native Knitter). Chuck asked for a hat. I wanted to use the leftover yarn from the Norwegian Star set above, first, because it is too good to go to waste, and second, it was expensive. I love how the neutral colors suit the patterns inspired by the indigenous sites and artifacts at Chaco Canyon. By the way, this picture was taken on January 23, but in Leavenworth, WA, where it's not only winter, obviously, but also still Christmas!

Sophia’s cowl

I am also working on a second Hester's Hat to match my cushy cowl. Oh yeah, and I made another cowl.  When Sophie was home at Thanksgiving, she asked for one, exactly like mine. Didn't need to ask ME twice. It's like mine except it doesn't have that one, mis-slipped stitch I only discovered that same weekend.

Comments

  1. As always, lovely knitting, Pam! I wish I could feel that cashmere/merino wool right through the computer! XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts