Christmas ain't over. . .


. . . till the last mitten's knit.

Well, Christmas is over.

May I present: Anemoi mittens, for my mom.
Designed by Eunny Jang
Made with Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk, ecru and mocha. I bought two skeins of ecru and one of mocha, but used only one skein of each. Bought from KPixie, home of great service and $5 shipping.
I knit the small size on size 0 (2mm) and 1 (2.25mm) US bamboo needles. They turned out bigger than I expected. As it turns out, my gauge was somewhere between the gauge for small and medium. If I knit another pair for myself, I'll make them completely on the size 0 needles. My mom's hands are a bit bigger than mine, I think, so maybe they'll turn out to be "just right."

I love this yarn, but I recommend it hesitantly for this project. It is so soft and warm, and so beautiful. But it really doesn't quite have the body for mittens. I'm curious to see how they'll wear. These are luxury fibers, but they aren't wimpy ones, so we'll see. Still, I'd make another pair.

Milestones: This is the first time I've ever knit corrugated ribbing.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:42 PM

    YAY!!!! They look wonderful! Your mom is going to love them, and it's obvious you knit a lot of hard work and love into them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts