Home again, home again, jiggety jig. . .

Home again! We had enough fun away that I wish I still was . . .

My knitting had fun too - here's my Anemoi Mittens on vacation:
DSC03784.JPG

Here's the progress I made on them, by the time we got home:
DSC03987.JPG

Here's my progress on Am Kamin. Since the last picture, I realized I'd knit the ribbing on this front much tighter than the back, so I've reknit almost the whole piece. The "Kacha" row counter is new -- a souvenir of the trip.
DSC03986.JPG

And I did a little souvenir shopping:
DSC03990.JPG
Who knew Bigfork, Montana had a yarn shop? At Witty Knitters, there was a basket of beautiful Mountain Colors Yarn, and a wonderful pair of gloves -- Custom-Fit, Sideways-knit Garter Stitch Gloves. They fit like, well, a glove. So, I came home with this beautiful Sapphire Trail yarn and the pattern. I'm hoping to make a pair to send to our hostess (who'll be surprised, since I don't think she does the internet). The pattern (by Joan Goldstein) is something different. I sent my hand measurements (so, they'll fit me exactly, but my friend has similar hands) to the designer, and she will send custom instructions. The advantage to this is custom fitting. The down-side is that this is the only size you get. She will do second sets of instructions for a reduced rate. I'm not sure what I think of this plan, but I loved the gloves. And, it's Montana yarn and a locally designed pattern.

Comments

Popular Posts