Easter

A bit late, some pieces of our Easter.

These are the cakes I made for the birthday celebration that was part of our family Easter dinner. They're supposed to look like sunflowers, and they do a little. But mostly they look like a circle of peeps.
Easter 09
The idea is from Taste of Home magazine, last spring sometime. I used a mix cake (horrors) - a yellow cake that called for butter. I made a chocolate cream cheese frosting, though next time I think I'd like a plain chocolate/buttercream frosting better. The sunflower seeds are chocolate chips.

Easter 09
For the last couple of years, our church has made a cross of the Christmas tree we used in December. Then on Easter Sunday, everyone helps cover it with flowers. It smells and looks wonderful. A beautiful resurrection image.

Comments

Popular Posts