More Gloves

Since Thanksgiving, I've finished two pairs of gloves -- both birthday gifts to people I love.

knitting:  gloves
The first pair was for my husband. They were a new edition of the pattern made to measure for him. Joan Goldstein drafts her pattern to your measurements, and will send new sizes for a small fee.

Custom-Fit, Sideways-Knit
Garter-Stitch Gloves
  • designed by Joan Goldstein
  • Knit using Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn, 1 skein of the Moose Creek colorway (60% Superwash Wool, 25% Mohair, 15% Nylon, 350 yards, with some left over).
  • Knit on US 2 needles, 6 stitches/inch.
  • Yarn purchased at Camas Creek Yarn, Kalispell, MT.
  • Pattern available from Joan Goldstein, P O Box 2556,
    Bigfork MT 59911, h-jgold(at)bigsky(dot)net, for $8.
Joan (who gave me permission to post her contact information) asked me to say that this pattern is for experienced knitters.

Knitting:  gloves
The other pair I've finished is for my mom, for her birthday. I gave them to her last week at her belated but wonderful birthday party. They're of the same yarn as the gloves above, but the color is called Chinook. I used the pattern sized for my hands, with a couple of tweaks. This is the first time I've fiddled with this pattern's fit on my own, and I was pleased with the result.
IMG_0161.JPG


Happy Birthday mom!

Comments

Popular Posts