Lucky Day!

I woke up this morning to a note from my husband -- hours ahead of me in Japan this week, he'd noticed that he knew the "Daily Dose" winner from Powell's Books in Portland, OR.  So, now I have $20 to spend at Powell's.  I might just buy the book I recommended, since I read a library copy.  Daily Dose is a daily email featuring a customer review of a book.  The customer reviewer wins $20.  What would you buy if you had $20 to spend at a bookstore (and could add to it if you needed to)?  I'll let you click on the link to read what I wrote. 
Zero History
by William Gibson
Powells.com
Less than 24 hours before, I had news of another win -- the door prize at a fundraiser for the ballet guild.
IMG_2324
Isn't it fabulous? I resisted buying it in a darker color at the fundraiser. A local store called Ideal Jewelry was our fund raising partner - a portion of all of Saturday's purchases went to the ballet guild. If you're local to me, I'd suggest them as a great place to do a bit of Christmas shopping -- unique products (they design most of their own jewelry), and very reasonable prices.

This bag matches the color scheme for my blog, doesn't it?  I think it'll look pretty great with a black coat and black pants this winter.  

Comments

Popular Posts