Blog post #100! A finished sweater!


It's a happy day here at Works in Progress! I finished the surplice lace sweater! And it fits!
Details
  • Surplice Lace Top, from Nashua Handknits: The North American Designer Collection No. 4, designed by Gayle Bunn.
  • Size M (finished chest 38")
  • Tahki Cotton Classic yarn, 8 skeins, color #3451 (a very pale pink), and I used nearly every yard -- I'd be amazed if there's more than 5 or 6 yards left.
  • Knit on US size 3 and 4 Addi Turbo needles, almost to gauge -- I had to knit one more repeat of the lace pattern to get the right length, but my row gauge on stockinette seemed OK.
  • Yarn and pattern purchased in April at Hilltop Yarn Shop
Here's a close up of the lace pattern. I like how it's both lacey and has some nice cottony texture as well. Mostly I am SO happy that it fits. Until I wet blocked it, it looked pretty tight when I tried it on. But I was counting on the cotton yarn (and lace pattern) relaxing after washing, which it did. First public wearing tomorrow!

This is my hundredth post since I started blogging in February of 2006 (remember the Knitting Olympics?). To celebrate, I'd like to send a small surprise to one of you out there in blog-readerland. Just leave a comment between now and next Wednesday at midnight (PDT). I'll get one of the human works in progress at my house to help me pick a winner out of the hat. Of course, I welcome compliments and congratulations, but it might be more interesting if you share your most successful project of the last 18 months or so (knitting or otherwise). And I'll try to decide which knitting project I'm proudest of too!

Comments

Popular Posts